Chainsaws and Telescopic Pole Pruners
The comprehensive range for wood of all sizes
Combining innovative technology, high performance, optimum ergonomics and low weight, STIHL chainsaws create the international standards for all types of chainsaw. Through a process of continual research and development, our chainsaws have evolved into a range of specialist saws to meet every application, including work in your own garden, in agricultural and forestry cultivation or in orchard and plantation cultivation, with power ratings from 1.2 kW to 6.4 kW (1.6 HP to 8.7 HP). Our chainsaw range includes petrol, cordless, arborist, rescue, electric, agriculture, landscaping chainsaws and more. No matter the task at hand we have the right chainsaw for you and your needs. In addition to an array of chainsaws, we also have a large range of chainsaw accessories and tools for maintenance such as chain loops, guide bars, reels, filing tools, storage cases, filling systems, depth gauges, fuels, oils, cleaning solutions and more.
ⓘ Safety Notice
When using a chainsaw, you must always take the correct precautions. Please wear the correct personal protective equipment before you begin using your chainsaw.
- Clothing must be sturdy and snug-fitting, but allow complete freedom of movement. Avoid clothing that could get caught on branches, brush or moving parts of the machine. Do not wear a scarf, necktie or jewellery. Tie up and confine long hair with a head scarf, cap or hard hat.
- You must wear suitable safety shoes with cut-retardant material, non-slip soles and steel toe caps.
- To reduce the risk of eye injuries, wear tight fitting safety goggle conforming to standard EN 166 or a face shield.
- Wear hearing protection, for example ear defenders.
- If working in an area with the risk of falling objects, wear a hard hat.
- Wear sturdy, protective gloves made from a resistant material.
If you are in any doubt about how to use a chainsaw correctly, we recommend speaking to your local STIHL Approved Dealer first. Many dealers offer a Click & Collect service, where you can order online then collect it in person where a trained member of staff can give you a full handover and instructions on how to operate the machine. Please note you should never use a chainsaw whilst on a ladder and should only use it in a tree if you have the appropriate qualifications.
Video tutorials can be found here.